Great response!

>> Friday, April 10, 2009

Well, I have had a great turn out for those interested in my site! People are just loving the recipes. So here's another one of our family favorites that you may enjoy too! Its a little hard to understand because I make it from scratch, many times not measuring, so forgive me. I did my best! I promise you though, your gonna love it!
My Scrumptious Peach Pie
For the crust:
2 cups flour
1tsp salt
2/3 cup shortening
4 TBSP+ Cold Ice water
Using a pastry cutter, cut flour, salt and shortening until pea sized.

Add water and just moisten with a fork. If too dry, add a little more water carefully! Dont over mix this!! OK, now that your ready, form into a ball; pinch in the center to form two balls about equal size. Wrap one in plastic wrap. Roll the other out and press into a pie pan with overhanging edges.

pre-heat oven to 350.
For the Filling:
2 large cans peaches; sliced and well drained
1 TBSP lemon juice
2 fistfuls of flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon (only a little!)


Mix this together gently. The flour may look a little clumpy but evenly spread out. This is your filling!

Pour it into the pie pan. Now put 3 or four pats of butter (about 1/2 TBSP = a pat) on top of the filling evenly spaced.
Now your going to roll out your top crust. After I roll it, I like to gently fold it in half then again. Then I pick up the whole thing, place it on my pie, and carefully unfold it.


Take a fork and press the sides of the crust together all along the edges. Now your pie is sealed.

Using a knife, cut any excess pie crust off rim. You have a pretty Pie! Lastly, I poke five holes for vent holes in the top with the knife.
For the pretty golden pie "look", simply take one egg white and whisk it in a bowl with a fork. With a pastry brush, brush the egg white all over the top. You may not need it all. Sprinkle the top with granulated sugar.


Bake for 1 hour at 350.
Let it cool a bit before cutting into it. Ashleigh Eat your heart out!

2 comments:

Bethany April 15, 2009 at 11:55 AM  

thanks for the recipe. I will be making this and have made it every thanksgiving. It is devine.

Ashleigh April 17, 2009 at 4:15 PM  

oh no you didnt! You know i love peach pie. Now i am going to have to make it. I hate you... but i love you.